Tangguh LNG Project
n 1994, a rich gas field was discovered in the bay of West Papua State, about 3,000 km from Jakarta, the capital city of Indonesia. The recoverable natural gas reserves were at least 15 trillion cubic feet (TCF). One TCF is equivalent to one million tons of LNG per year for 20 years. President Suharto named the gas field “Tangguh,” which means “powerful” in Indonesian.
An estimated 10,000 jobs were generated during different phases of the project, giving a boost to both the Indonesian and Papua Barat Province economies. The project helps to meet the rising energy demand in the country as most of the produced LNG is sold to the state electric utility.
PT ODG Indonesia designed, supplied, installation of electrical, fire detection, data/TV & plumbing & sanitary drainage systems for modular type , pre-assembled steel framed & EPS (sandwich panel) building modules for single senior staff accommodation units, male / female staff accommodation units, bulk workers living quarters, first aid / clinic facility, laundry units, ablution units, site offices, recreation facilities, kitchen & dining room facility at Bekasi, Indonesia.
Packaging & Shipping of modules, supporting structure materials, site services reticulation equipment & materials by tug drawn barge to Tangguh – Tanah Merah green field site, Bituni, West Papua, Indonesia.
- Unloading, assembly, interconnection of separable modules on site.
- Installation of diesel power electrical generation & distribution, WTP & STP facilities & distribution systems, external fire hydrant piped system & fire pumps.
- Workplace Health, Safety & Environmental controls carried out under stringent BP international guidelines & reporting.
- Training, implementation, continual monitoring & reporting for these HSE guidelines.
- Overcoming challenging & at time physically extreme site conditions for personnel & company operations alike due to remoteness of location & tidal activity affecting green field site access.
- Constant coordination & at times conflict resolution with the emergent local clans & their individual communities to balance development of their welfare & harmonize relations to wherever possible avoid aggravation of tribal or personal sensitivities.