National Project Manager
The National Project Manager is responsible for the successful execution of the company’s projects / contracts in compliance with the Companies procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree or Tertiary level in relevant electrical fields
- Having 10 years’ experience in electrical projects
- Having experience in mechanical piping projects
- Having experience in the mining construction projects is an advantage
- Having a background in electrical & instrumentation & Fire Protection hydrant and detection systems is a prerequisite
- Analyzing project tenders
- Preparing programs and the allocation of labor resources
- Overseeing the placement of Purchase orders and Supplier prices.
- Managing the contract budget targets
- Manage Contract Terms and Conditions
- Submitting Progress claims
- Submitting Variations
- Notifying the client of delays and claiming an extension of time entitlements
- Clients required project reporting as per the Client’s configuration.
- Internal company Monthly Reporting and assessing the cost of Labor, Materials, Subcontractors, and expenses for the projects/contracts.
- e familiar and experienced with BoQ projects and understand the make up of each material and labour unit within each individual rate.
- Calculate, monitor, and record the volume/quantity of installed architectural, electrical, and mechanical works daily, weekly, and monthly.
- Assist in the preparation of work progress reports and advise on actual likely start and completion of each activity within the BoQ.
- Immediately report when quantities within the rates change.
- Work closely with colleagues’ sub-contractors and clients during measurement processes.
- Have a Pro-active attitude and willing to take on additional roles, while other staff are on R&R, to ensure smooth timely running and completion of the project.
- Attend client and in house meetings advising progress status.
Proficient knowledge in the following areas
- Functional operations of a contracting company.
- Contractual experience with reviewing and executing construction contracts
- Understand and working knowledge of construction project management
- Understand quantity surveying (technical drawings, specifications and BOQ) and prepare tenders
- Measure and assess the quantities of materials from drawings forming part of the business’s projects
- Be able to establish costing and valuation of variations to contracts.
- Experience in identifying potential direct labour and supervision staff to manage the projects.
Demonstrate the following skills :
- Be able to establish a safe working environment for the company’s employees and other employees working in the vicinity of our contracts.
- Must have courage, be assertive and be a good leader.
- Team building – Teamwork is an important part of this role, good interpersonal skills
- Analytical and problem-solving decision-making regarding risk and reward to the business.
- Effective verbal and listening communications
- Effective written communications
- Ability to communicate effectively to senior staff and object to matters you are not in agreement with.
- Be good with numbers and have good presentation skills
- Have an excellent level of technical knowledge in all areas of the relevant trade in contracting (electrical and mechanical)
- Manage stressful workloads
- Build Customer relationships
- Promote strength via excellent leadership in remote location projects
Computer skills :
- Demonstrate the ability to operate computerized spreadsheets and word processing programs, project management software at a highly proficient level. (Microsoft Office).
- Have the business acumen to understand financial profit and loss reports.
- Hold current POP certification to enable appointment as PJO in some project instances where this is a requirement.
- Adept with working within diverse environmental conditions.
- Adept with working at remote project locations.
If you are qualified & interested, please apply with